Die MicrospheroXG and MicrotoroXG – a success story in four dimensions
Our attractive MicrospheroXG and MicrotoroXG range is more diverse than ever – a success story in four dimensions!
The clever solution for high-precision milling of graphite materials now comprises 219 items with diameters ranging from 0.1 to 6.0 mm. The product assortment sets new standards with outstanding performance, an unprecedented complete product range, and simple, fast tool selection.
With the four perfectly coordinated dimensions “Range,” “Technology,” “Service,” and “Application,” MicrospheroXG and MicrotoroXG offer a clever solution for maximum customer value in finishing and superfinishing.
- Tolerances for balls +/– 0.005 mm and corner radii 0/+ 0.01 mm
- 6 mm precision shanks with h5 tolerance for best component qualities
- Extensive options: Corner radii with r 0.05 / 0.1 / 0.2 / 0.5 mm
- Optimized suitability for 3-axis, 3+2-axis and 5-axis milling
- Top product assortment: 219 different microcutters from 3xd to 20xd, available as ball nose end mills and corner-radius mills, with 2 teeth
- Smart range structure for simple and quick tool selection in the 0.1 to 6.0 mm dia. range
- Highly automated production with state-of-the-art machine concepts delivers extremely constant high quality for maximum milling process stability
- ToolCare 2.1: management, procurement, and information system for tools
- ConcepTool: custommade special tools
- ToolSchool: initial and continuous training
- FRAISA ReTool®: Industrial tool reconditioning with performance guarantee
- High availability and easy ordering, with next-day delivery throughout Europe
- ToolExpert: Accurate and reliable application data for every tool available online
- CAD data available on website
- Maximum efficiency for finishing and superfinishing of graphite
Maximum customer value
- Maximum precision and best component quality
- Maximum performance, process reliability, and reproducibility
- Reduced costs
- Increased productivity
Maximum customer value
Maximum precision and efficiency in finishing and superfinishing
MicrospheroXG ball nose end mills have a radius tolerance of +/– 0.005 mm.
In order to really achieve this high level of precision, a measuring method is required that can measure the entire cutting edge over 180°. The radius is measured at 5° intervals: from 0° to 180°.
This ensures a level of precision that is within tolerance across the entire ball. The shank ground to tolerance zone h5 also significantly reduces the concentricity error and further increases the precision of the component.
Conventional measuring methods, on the other hand, generally measure only from 10° to 80° and from 100° to 170° in order to exclude the difficult- to-grind transitions between the radius and curved cutting edge and the center errors.
When such tools are used on conventional 3-axis machines, steep tapers and even bottom surfaces cannot be finished with sufficient contour accuracy.
The right micro cutter for every application
With the extended MicrospheroXG and MicrotoroXG range, FRAISA offers exactly 219 different options for the precise machining of graphite components – in different lengths and diameters.
Cutting-edge technology for maximum productivity
MicrospheroXG and MicrotoroXG milling tools boast superior performance and component quality thanks to the perfect coordination of the carbide substrate, diamond coating, micro and macro geometry, and an optimized CAM milling strategy. They also offer extremely high process reliability and wear resistance. For example, after four hours
of milling, MicrospheroXG tools show a radius reduction of only 4 μm. Thanks to a wide range of products and a smart assortment structure, it is simple to find the ideal tool for every graphite milling application.